PLEASE NOTE: Until further notice, ALL ASLS CLASSES will be held in a VIRTUAL FORMAT. You will receive specific virtual access information (emailed to the email address that you register with) prior to your scheduled ASLS course.
Please contact Marie Marvel (from GNI) via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Global Neurosciences Institute presents
Advanced Stroke Life Support®
The Premiere Course for Stroke Education
This practical, hands-on course is developed by experts in stroke, emergency
medicine, prehospital care and nursing education. This course is used to train thousands
of EMS personnel, nurses and physicians from hundreds of institutions across the US and
abroad. ASLS provides a unique neurologic assessment tool and the MEND exam, and
satisfies education requirements for stroke center certification.
Major Learning Goals:
Describe why early treatment of stroke may result in a marked reduction in the risk of disability
Identify the 5 main stroke syndromes and relate them to pathophysiology and clinical signs
Perform a focused evaluation to identify stroke, its location and severity
Explains the care and monitoring of acute ischemic stroke patients and post t-PA administration and endovascular procedures
Recognize t-PA indication and contraindications
Stroke Facts & Rationale for Urgent Care | Focused Neurologic Assessment
Stroke Syndromes & Mimics | Stroke Management | Video Case Scenarios | MEND Exam
For questions, please contact Marie Marvel at or call 844.464.6387
- Tue, Apr 06Crozer Chester Medical Center | Sim Lab
- ASLS RWJ | Contact Connie Mercer for InfoWed, May 12RWJ University Hospital Hamilton
- Tue, Jul 20Crozer Chester Medical Center | Sim Lab
- ASLS RWJ | Contact Connie Mercer for InfoWed, Aug 11RWJ University Hospital Hamilton
- Tue, Oct 19Crozer Chester Medical Center | Sim Lab
- ASLS RWJ | Contact Connie Mercer for InfoWed, Nov 10RWJ University Hospital Hamilton
- ASLS RWJ | Contact Connie Mercer for InfoWed, Feb 10RWJ University Hospital Hamilton
- Wed, Jan 13Crozer Chester Medical Center | Sim Lab
The Gordon Center for Research in Medical Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation. The Gordon Center is also an approved provider of prehospital continuing education by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE). Eight (8) hours are awarded for successful completion of the full course. No conflict of interest exists for any individual in a position to control the content of this educational activity.
For additional information, please contact us at 844-464-6387 or email@example.com.