Thu, Apr 07|
Crozer Chester Medical Center | Sim Lab
Join us for this practical, hands-on course developed by experts in stroke, emergency medicine, prehospital care and nursing education.
Time & Location
Apr 07, 2022, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Crozer Chester Medical Center | Sim Lab, 1 Medical Center Blvd, Upland, PA 19013, USA
About Our Conference
PLEASE NOTE: THIS ASLS CLASS will be held in the Crozer Chester Medical Center - Sims Lab.
Please contact Marie Marvel (from GNI) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This course is used to train thousands of EMS personnel, nurses and physicians from hundreds of institutions across the US and abroad. ASLS provides a unique neurologic assessment tool and the MEND exam, and satisfies education requirements for stroke center certification.
Major Learning Goals:
- Describe why early treatment of stroke may result in a marked reduction inthe risk of disability
- Identify the 5 main stroke syndromes and relate them to pathophysiology and clinical signs
- Perform a focused evaluation to identify stroke, its location and severity
- Explains the care and monitoring of acute ischemic stroke patients and post t-PA administration and endovascular procedures
- Recognize t-PA indication and contraindications
Registration starts at 7:30 a.m.
For questions, please contact Marie Marvel at email@example.com.