Wed, Aug 11|
RWJ University Hospital Hamilton
ASLS RWJ | Contact Connie Mercer for Info
Join us for this practical, hands-on course developed by experts in stroke, emergency medicine, prehospital care and nursing education.
Time & Location
Aug 11, 2021, 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
RWJ University Hospital Hamilton, 1 Hamilton Health Pl, Hamilton Township, NJ 08690, USA
About Our Conference
PLEASE NOTE: Until further notice, ALL ASLS CLASSES will be held in a VIRTUAL FORMAT. You will receive specific virtual access information (emailed to the email address that you register with) prior to your scheduled ASLS course. Please contact Marie Marvel (from GNI) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This course is used to train thousands of EMS personnel, nurses and physicians from hundreds of institutions across the US and abroad. ASLS provides a unique neurologic assessment tool and the MEND exam, and satisfies education requirements for stroke center certification.
Major Learning Goals:
- Describe why early treatment of stroke may result in a marked reduction inthe risk of disability
- Identify the 5 main stroke syndromes and relate them to pathophysiology and clinical signs
- Perform a focused evaluation to identify stroke, its location and severity
- Explains the care and monitoring of acute ischemic stroke patients and post t-PA administration and endovascular procedures
- Recognize t-PA indication and contraindications
Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. and the class will be held in the Outpatient Auditorium at Hamilton.
Any questions, please contact Connie Moceri at Connie.Moceri@rwjbh.org.